Fall is in the air. It’s time for camping trips, roasting marshmallows, hot cider, and football games. It’s time for boots, mountain getaways, pumpkin spice lattes, and just a little bit of plaid in your wardrobe. The key to integrating plaid into your look, is to layer it with coordinating solids. Basic long sleeved tees, cashmere sweaters and chambray make great layering pieces. I’ve put together some of my favorite plaid finds for Fall 2014 along with some coordinating solids, and you can find links to shop all of them below.
1. – Boden Pembroke Vest – This vest looks so warm and cozy! With it’s wool content, it will keep you warm and toasty on a chilly fall day.
2. – Minnetonka Thunderbird II Mocs – These are the comfiest mocs you will find, and the beading is on trend. They are also very affordable!
3. – Sanctuary Plaid Tunic – A great piece to throw on over leggings and go.
4. – Boden Skye Scarf – This fabulous scarf comes in three different colors. It’s a great layering piece.
5. – Target Plaid Dress – Target never disappoints and this buffalo plaid dress is perfect in black and white. Bonus points for being 100% cotton.
6. – Jcrew Tippi Sweater – A classic Jcrew piece season after season. Layers perfectly with fall plaids.
7. – Calypso Vanida Silk Skirt – In silk dupioni, this skirt is certainly a splurge, but gorgeous none the less!
8. – Bogs Summit Buffalo Plaid – With 5 colors to choose from, these rain boots will keep you dry and stylish.
9. – Patagonia Down Toggle Vest – Using traceable down, you can look good and feel good about your purchase of this vest.
10. – Patagonia Fjord Flannel Shirt – Thick and warm, this pairs perfectly with the toggle vest linked above.
11. – Target Sam & Libby Leather Ballet Flat – Perfectly priced and made of genuine leather, these flats add polish to your fall plaid.